Wingnut Wings 1/32 Scale Roland C.II Model Kit
Returns not accepted on Wingnut Wings items.
LFG (Luftfahrzeug-Gesellschaft), who later changed their name to Roland to avoid confusion with LVG (Luft-Verkehrs-Gesellschaft), were responsible for some of the most aerodynamic and innovative aircraft designs of the Great War, primarily the highly advanced (for 1915) Roland C.II ‘Walfisch’ (whale) two-seater. Without a successful design of their own available at the outbreak of war, Roland initially built Albatros two-seat aircraft under license before designing their innovative C.II.
Great effort was put into making the Walfisch as aerodynamic as possible which resulted in a smooth fuselage featuring many compound curves and mounting the top wings to the fuselage to avoid drag from additional cabane struts. The smooth aerodynamic fuselage was created in halves from 2 layers of thin plywood strips, each layer applied at an opposing angle of around 60 degrees formed over a buck. Once completed each half of the fuselage was glued and tacked onto the internal framework, the centerline seams were taped and then the whole fuselage was finally covered with doped on fabric.
- 32cm x 24cm.
- Relatively simple rigging.
- High quality Cartograf decal sheet for 5 German aircraft.
- 295 high quality injection moulded plastic parts.
- Optional radiator/header tanks, early and late tailplane struts and captured Lewis gun armament.
- Highly detailed 48 part Daimler-Mercedes D.III engine.
- 8 photo-etched metal detail parts including LMG 14 Parabellum machine gun cooling jacket.
- Fine in scale rib tape detail.
- Full rigging diagrams.
- Pre-orders will be fulfilled before mid January 2023.
Wing nut wings
Best ww1 aircraft kits, unfortunately no longer in business, will buy more from hobby attack as long as supply lasts, ordering was hassel free,great packaging.